Understanding Land Measurements in Uganda as used in the Real Estate Industry
Land Measurements in Uganda are very crucial for prospective Land buyers and owners to know. Property measurements are good in determining the kind of investment one can put on a particular size of land. Learn more about land sizes by square miles, hectares, acres, decimals, meters, square meters, square feet and yards among others. A professional land surveyor is key in surveying and determining the size of land as may be stipulated on the title. The information below work as a guide to a clear understanding of various sizes of land.
When buying any size of Land for sale in Uganda for any use, you need land surveying services to ensure that you are buying the right size as stipulated in the title deed. For instance when buying industrial land, farm land or agricultural land, houses, small plots and any type of property, making land measurement to verify the size is a necessity. Any professional land surveyor always knows how to read and interpret land sizes using the title deed.
All land title deeds whether for leasehold, freehold or Mailo Land tenure systems have to be verified in the land registry/Land offices. The land office will always give you a search report to an applicant who presented a search application to it. Upon confirmation of such sizes, its always necessary to do physical confirmation of the size by opening boundaries to ensure that no encroachment on the land size.
A Conversion Guide for Land Sizes
1. 1 Square mile equals to 640 Acres
2. 259 hectares equal 640 acres
3. 1 Hectare equals to 2.47 Acres
4. 1 acre is equivalent to 100 Decimals
5. One is made up of 4046.86 Square Metres
6. 50 decimals equal to half an acre.
7. 25 decimals equal to quarter an acre (100 by 100 feet plot of land)
8. 200*200 feet equal to one acre
9. 12.5 decimals equal to 50 by 100 feet plot of land.
10. 1 meter equals to 100 centimeters
11. 1 foot equals to 11.9 inches
12. 1 square feet equals to 144 square inches
13. 1 square yard equals to 9.6 square feet.
14. 1 square meter equal 10.7 square feet
15. 1 Hectare is made up of 10000 Square Meters